Base Fashion review: A walk in the park



It was a cold, damp, blustery Sunday and most people (very sensibly) would stay in and keep warm. However, after being stuck indoors for most of the weekend we decided to brave the gale force winds and take the kids to the local park. A new cafe has opened there recently so we knew we could escape inside and get a hot drink if we got too cold.

















It was also a good opportunity for the kids to wear their new clothes that I had been sent to review by the lovely people at Base Fashion. My daughter got a gorgeous Billieblush cardigan covered with hearts and sequins. When I showed it her she said 'on, on' so that was a success! It does cost more than I would normally spend on clothes for her but I have to say you can tell it's a quality brand and it's really lovely. I think once in a while it's nice to splash out on something special and if I saw this in a shop I'd definitely be tempted to buy it. My son got a Lyle & Scott t-shirt which is perfect for him as he really doesn't like wearing jumpers, even when it's cold, he complains of being too warm! He always wear a t-shirt layered with a shirt or hoodie so I know he's going to be warm enough outside and he can take his layers off when he gets inside. My husband is a fan of Lyle & Scott and has the men's version of the same t-shirt and my son loved the fact that he was dressed like his daddy!

















As we got out of the car, the wind blew my door blew shut and my daughter started getting upset at the strong wind blowing in her face. What were we doing? I was beginning to think we should have been sensible and stayed in! Luckily though my daughter decided that the wind blowing in her face was actually quite funny so we headed into the park towards the playground. The good thing about parks in winter is that they're empty, there was lots of space for them to run around and burn off some energy and they both had rosy cheeks by the time we got to the cafe. I have to say I was relieved to get out of the cold wind and have a hot cup of tea (and a cheeky scone with jam and cream!)

We should all definitely get out more in Winter, we had loads of fun despite the weather and we'll definitely be doing it again in the next couple of weeks. If you get wrapped up you don't have to stay indoors until Spring, and it's also nice to get back home and appreciate being warm and cosy!













Disclaimer: These products were provided to me free of charge from the lovely people at Base Fashion in order for me to review them, however, the opinions expressed in this review are independent and my own.

Comments

Popular Posts