Bake Box Review



Bake Box is a fantastic baking subscription box. Each box contains recipe cards plus unique baking equipment and instructions on how to use it. Each box is themed and I loved the Teddy Bear's Picnic themed box I received to review. Opening the lovely glossy box was exciting for a baking geek like me, I was really excited to see what was inside!


















 I wasn't disappointed, inside I found a wallet with 6 recipe cards, and various pieces of baking and decorating tools including ladybird, flower and leaf stencils for creating cupcake toppers, toadstools and owls cutter and press sets, a lattice effect roller cutter, three cherry shaped plunger cutters, a teddy bear shaped cake mould and yellow Rainbow Dust ProGel® food colouring.

I was really impressed with the quality of everything and really feel like you get great value for money with a bi-monthly Bake Box subscription. There is a lot packed into each box to keep any level of baker busy in the kitchen.












I decided to make the mini lattice rolls and found the recipe cards easy enough to follow though I did get a bit confused with the measuring and cutting of the pastry strips but I think this is because of my technical skills rather than the instructions! I should also have been more confident with the lattice cutter as I didn't cut all the way through the pastry resulting in more of a striped pastry than a lattice effect! I enjoyed making the sausage rolls though (and they tasted delicious!) and now I know how to use the lattice cutters correctly I can make them again and even experiment with different fillings.

















The other recipes I can make with the equipment in my bake box are a teddy bear cake, woodland biscuits, picnic cupcakes, daisy battenburg and cherry tray bake. I can't wait to try them all and they're all perfect for a teddy bears picnic which I'm sure my kids will love.



Bake Box is perfect for baking fans who enjoy experimenting in the kitchen or for those who want to build up a repertoire of new skills. Subscribers will also build up a fantastic collection of baking and decorating equipment and also free access to the Bake Club Live site where you can see masterclass videos and receive bonus recipes too. I'd recommend a subscription to any level of baker, all you need is a love of baking and some inspiration from Bake Box.

Comments

Popular Posts