Recipes with MONIN Chocolate Cookie Syrup


The nice people at MONIN recently sent me a sample of their new limited edition Chocolate Cookie Syrup to try. Having used various MONIN syrups in my recipes before, I was excited to try it.

The problem I had was what to recipe to try? Should I make a cake, a coffee, a milkshake or a cocktail? Well the Chocolate Cookie Syrup can be used in all of these so I just went for it and made one of each!

While I decided what recipes to try, I made myself a coffee and poured in a good glug of syrup and gave it a stir - delicious - I was off to a good start! Next, I made myself a Chocolate Cookie milkshake. I poured out a small glass of milk then added about a tablespoon of Chocolate Cookie syrup. Using a small whisk I beat the milk and syrup until it was nice and frothy. Again, the drink was delicious and really refreshing, my son also approved!

I was keen to try the syrup in a cake recipe and as I've had success with a mug cake recipe using MONIN syrup before I thought I'd go for that. Here's what I came up with -

Ingredients

2 tbsp unsalted butter
1 medium egg
2 tbsp MONIN Chocolate Cookie syrup
3 tbsp caster sugar
4 tbsp self-raising flour
2 tbsp chocolate chips

Method

- In a 350ml mug, melt the butter in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds
- Once melted, add the cocoa and mix with a fork until well combined
- Add the egg, Chocolate Cookie Syrup and sugar to the mug and beat well until thoroughly mixed
- Add the flour and beat again until you have a smooth mixture
- Finally, add the chocolate chips and mix in
- Cook in the microwave for 2 minutes 10seconds (600W), 1 minute 50 seconds (800W) or 1 minute 30 seconds (1000W)
- Remove from the microwave and leave to cool
- Serve on it's own or for a really indulgent treat pour over some fresh cream or add a generous dollop of vanilla ice cream

On the MONIN website there are lots of cocktail recipes using the Chocolate Cookie Syrup so I'm off to make one last Chocolate Cookie drink!


















MONIN Chocolate Cookie Syrup is available from Sainsbury’s on a limited edition basis

Comments

Popular Posts