Gro Night Light Review





















From being a baby, my 5 year old son has always gone to bed with a night light on and since we moved house earlier this year, he has been sleeping with his bedside lamp on because the plug sockets in his new bedroom aren't in suitable places to use his old plug-in night light. We've been meaning to get a new night light to use instead of his lamp but we've just not got round to it yet. When The Gro Company asked me to review their Gro night light it seemed like the perfect replacement for his lamp and I was very keen to try it out. My son slept in Gro Sleeping Bags from being a newborn and my daughter sleeps in them now so I've always been a fan of Gro products.

The Gro-light is a unique idea, it fits easily to a normal ceiling light or lamp, between the bayonet fitting and light shade fitting. The Gro-light has recently won a bronze award for best nursery product at the Mother and baby Awards 2015 and after using it I can see why. One flick of the switch turns the night light on and two flicks of the switch turns the normal full light on so it's very simple to fit and to use.











I was interested to see how my son would like it but as it's also perfect for my 19 month old daughter's room I had to make a decision who would benefit the most. In the end I thought the sleeping environment of my daughter was working well for her (she uses my sons old plug-in light) so decided that sticking with the original plan of trying it in my son's room would be the better option.

My son was quite excited by the new light, he thought it was great fun to flick the light switch on and off and on and off watching the light change from night light, bright light and off again until I insisted he had to get into bed! The night light was bright enough for him to see around the room and get up to go the bathroom if he needed to but it was also darker than his bedside light which is what we wanted.

I think the Gro Night Light would be perfect for parents with newborns who need a soft light for night feeds or for parents of babies and toddlers who like to check on their sleeping babies without waking them up. I wish I'd had one of these when my daughter was a baby as the soft glow would have been a much nicer environment for feeding her in than the harsh glare of a normal light.

My son, I'm pleased to say, had a great night's sleep and the Gro-light is now a permanent fixture in his room, though I have to say I will be glad when the novelty of flicking the light switch wears off!



Disclaimer: This product was provided to me free of charge from the lovely people at The Gro Company in order for me to review it. However, the opinions expressed in this review are independent and my own.

Comments

Popular Posts